JOB TITLE: Property Manager
REPORTS TO: Portfolio Property Manager
SUPERVISES: Assistant Property Manager, Tenant Services Coordinator,
Maintenance Personnel, and third party provided staff
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The final outputs of the RXR Leasing Process are tenant satisfaction and retention as well as portfolio value maximization. The Property Manager is directly responsible for creating these outputs. The Property Manager creates tenant satisfaction and retention by facilitating the initial installation of the tenant, fostering two-way communication channels, implementing clearly understood life safety programs, and responding to tenant requests in a timely and effective manner. The Property Manager maximizes portfolio value by maintaining the property, budgeting and managing operational expenses, and by identifying and implementing capital improvements that will increase the efficiency and value of the properties. In so doing, the Property Manager operates in alignment with the vision, mission and strategy of RXR Realty in a manner consistent with our core values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
*Creation and presentation of the monthly management report which includes operational updates, financial reporting, occupancy summaries, and upcoming events.
* Oversee Tenant Installation and Communication including new tenant walkthroughs with the RXR Leasing and Construction teams.
* Tenant Relations, oversee the following:
- Angus tenant request for work system. Review and monitor follow up.
- Tenant Signage
- Tenant Overtime Electric Procedures
- Tenant Accident Reports
- Insurance Requirements Verification
- Tenant After Hours Notification
- Tenant Extra Work Procedures
- Planning & Coordinating Tenant Functions
* Establishing and Implementing Life Safety Procedures and Monitoring Performance
- After Hours Emergency Response. On call 24/7.
- Building Evacuation Procedures
- Bomb Scare Procedures
- Fire Prevention
- Power Outage Response Procedures
- Establishing and Implementing Building Maintenance Procedures and Monitoring Performanc
- Building Inspection
- Service Contracts (see below)
- Snow Removal
- Insurance Claims
- Holiday Coverage
* Portfolio Operating Budgets
- Creating Operating Budgets for approval and managing same.
- Work with Asset Manager, Portfolio Property Manager and EVP of Operations to analyze and compare monthly and annual variance reports.
- Work with Asset Management, Portfolio Property Manager, and EVP of Operations to evaluate Escalation income.
* Review and approve all proposals and invoices (Avid) related to building operations.
Work with Asset Manager to review escalation income.
* Portfolio Capital Budgets
- Creating and receiving approval for capital improvement work. Work with Asset Manager, Fund Managers, Portfolio Property Manager and EVP of Operations to evaluate status of capital expenditures.
* Building Management Systems Maintenance and Analysis
* Solicitation, Evaluation and Implementation of Service Contracts (including but not limited too):
- Fire Safety
- Pest Control
- Site Work
- Snow Removal
- Maintenance Personnel Staffing, Coordination, Supervision and Evaluation
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Four year college degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years Building Operations/Management experience in New York City Class A Office Buildings.
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge and experience with AVID, Angus and Kardin preferred
- Must have understanding of accounting procedures and financial reports
- Must react to unforeseen activities quickly and effectively
- Must be willing to work additional hours as needed to complete projects and to respond to emergencies.
- Conversant in computer applications
- Detail orientented
- Must have excellent customer relation skills
- Intelligent and highly organized
- Motivated, self-starter
- Pro-active and Communicative
- Ability to manage individuals and successfully utilize their capabilities