JOB TITLE: Pre-Construction Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Architect
LOCATION: New York, NY
General Job Description:
The Pre-Construction Project Manager has an important role in the execution of capital and tenant improvement related work in RXR’s growing portfolio. The primary responsibilities of this position are in support of advancing multiple larger and smaller projects through their pre-construction phases. This involves tasks related to assembling the project consultant team and managing their work through the pre-construction phase of the project. Also, overseeing the aesthetic and technical design process, the solicitation of municipal approvals, and completing design documents.
The Pre-Construction Project Manager must be professional, ethical, diligent and above all entrepreneurial during all phases of the job. The essence of this position is the execution of Company strategies to provide consistent capital improvement projects with high quality design solutions that amply address project goals.
All of this is done in a manner consistent with the Vision, Mission, and Values articulated in the Company’s Core Ideology.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the work of the consultant team
- Lead design coordination meetings
- Liaise with tenants during design process
- Coordinate project meetings with RXR management or tenants as applicable
- Assure projects are designed in accordance with RXR direction and goals as well as lease specified work letters and criteria
- Solicit proposals for the consultant team
- Level proposals and present award recommendations
- Develop and negotiate contracts for consultants
- Develop and track pre-construction budgets and schedules
- Interface with construction team
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum, 4-year Bachelor’s degree, a degree in Architecture a plus.
- LEED accredited a plus
- Prior NYC project experience preferred
- Knowledge of NYC DOB filing and expediting processes preferred.
- Understanding of Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection, and Plumbing systems
- Computer conversant and proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a ‘people person’, communicative, an outstanding listener that pays particular attention to details.
- Must possess sound judgment and an entrepreneurial spirit to effectively negotiate the sale of a product (i.e., space) on behalf of the company.
- Project the highest level of professional appearance and conduct.
- Must be intelligent, highly organized, motivated, self-starter.
- A hard worker, one who must be diligent and focused, and who enjoys hard work and its rewards.
- Effectively work under pressure and can prioritize work to ensure it is completed under intense deadlines.
- Personable, able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player.