POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: VP Construction Manhattan Division
Provide direct support to the VP of Construction and Construction Group Project Managers in coordinating all tasks relating to new Projects, Capital Projects, Tenant Renovations and Tenant Requests. Maintain the company’s project databases for Regional Architecture Sales Requests, Construction projects and Properties.
Initiate smooth transition between proposals, purchase orders and payment application processing within the group.
All of this is to be done in a manner constant with the Vision, Mission and Values articulated in the Company’s Core Ideology.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all construction incoming and outgoing correspondence, meeting minutes, transmittals, purchase orders, invoices and payment applications.
- Set up and maintain projects in Timberline.
- Send out bid notifications. Coordinate contractor receipt of plans and catalogue received bids for the Project Managers.
- Set up files for new construction projects and maintain all contractors’ files.
- Obtain updated insurance information for vendors upon expirations and provide copies of the insurance certificates to accounts payable.
- Prepare check requests for permit applications and deposit checks for contractors.
- Scan all permits, inspection certificates, electrical underwriting certificates and certificates of occupancy and maintain hardcopy archive files.
- Type reports, correspondence, transmittals, etc., as required.
- Keep record of all drawings and documents for each project
- Work as a team member and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Receive, stamp, record and distribute as-built drawings, submittals, balancing reports and other project related materials.
- Assist in all construction related meetings.
- Maintain and update vendor contractor lists.
- Interact with project managers, property managers, field personnel and accounting department.
- Assist with telephone calls and tenant service calls when required.
- When a "State of Emergency" exists, participate as required with all other company employees in dealing with the situation.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience as an administrative assistant.
- Minimum 2-year associates degree in business administration or similar discipline, 4-year bachelors degree preferred.