JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Associate (Construction)
REPORTS TO: Project Accountant
LOCATION: New York City
General Job Description:
The Accounts Receivable (Construction) position is responsible for preparing and processing invoices (billings) to RXR Property Management LLC, it’s various building owner entities and/or to tenants for work performed by RXR Construction Services. The invoices must be supported by costs incurred on projects and/or an executed tenant extra work order.
In addition, the Accounts Receivable (Construction) position is accountable for supporting the RCS Controller, Project Executives and Project Managers in the following areas:
- Issuing timely and correct invoices to tenants, and communicating back to management issues which result in delayed or non-payment to RCS.
- Facilitates the collection process, in order to enable the project manager to concentrate primarily on the build out of space.
- Meeting the financial goals of the Company by accurately processing and footing all invoices presented to the REIT and/or tenants.
All of this is done in a manner consistent with the Vision, Mission, and Values articulated in the Core Ideology of RXR Realty.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up billing items in Timberline software, in order to transfer the job costs and generate an invoice at a marked-up price.
- Upon receiving an executed tenant extra work order, inputs the billing (contract) side into the system, produces the invoice once Project Management has notified that work is complete.
- Produces and sends out bills to Property Owners and Tenants monthly and/or to Tenants upon notification by Project Manager.
- After funds are deposited in bank, enters the cash receipts into the system.
- Monitors the outstanding accounts receivable, notifies the appropriate personnel of problem collections. Prepares weekly Open AR Report and circulates to Controller, Project Executives and Project Mangers.
- Aids in timely payment of receivables: Follow-ups on unpaid invoices via e-mail and making collection calls when bills are 30-days past due.
- Interacts with Property Accountants to obtain payment of Landlord billings. Provides them with back-up received from the Project Accountants.
- Performs first review of entries in to Replicon and uses information from that software to enter billable staff hours into invoices.
- Performs other accounting functions as required, such as, transfers of billing items between projects when needed.
- Maintains the accounting project filing system by adding all billing items to the appropriate project file, including Tenant Extra Work Orders and Certificates of Insurance.
- Responsible for Subcontractor Insurance Tracking, reviews and updates in Timberline.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be highly organized and motivated self-starter.
- Must have the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Possesses strong customer service skills to support extensive interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Is proactive and communicative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- 1-2 Years construction experience preferred
- BA preferred, Associates Degree at minimum.
- Experienced with Timberline, Pro-Core and Replicon.
- High level of Excel, Word & Outlook