Accounts Payable Associate - NYC
POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Associate
REPORTS TO: Controller
Responsible for the complete, accurate, and timely processing of all invoices, employee expense reimbursements and other payment requests while providing courteous, timely, and accurate support services to both internal and external customers.
All of this is to be done in a manner consistent with the Vision, Mission, and Values articulated in the Company’s Core Ideology.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safeguard the company assets
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Data entry of invoices, employee expense reimbursements and other payment requests into accounting system
- Review invoices, employee expense reimbursements and other payment requests for proper approvals, sales tax, mathematical calculations, duplicate payments, and proper supporting documents (ex. receipts for expense reimbursements, work order tickets; etc.).
- Preparation of vouchers when necessary for invoices, employee expense reimbursements and other payment requests to include the proper allocations to the general ledger and jobs
- Proofread input batches to verify data entered into the computer system, reviewing for accuracy and indicating corrections where needed
- Maintain document files in accordance with current filing system
- Provide courteous and professional support services to both internal and external customers
- Strive to achieve a high level of performance as a part of the Construction Accounting Team
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Customer Orientation : provides high quality customer service; actively strives to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
- Accountability : takes ownership for the result of all actions and decisions.
- Decisiveness : takes timely and effective action utilizing knowledge base and experience and assessment of pertinent situations and facts. Independently recognizes and capitalizes of opportunities and challenges.
- Teamwork : work with a group toward a shared purpose or goal by collaborating and cooperating with others. Establishes relationships and networks across a broad range of people and groups.
- Commitment to change - supports and implements change in order to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Interpersonal skills : Quick learning self-starter who relates in an appropriate and productive manner to associates, superiors, customers and others. Demonstrates respect for individual uniqueness and differences.
- Communication : Strong communications skills a must; expresses verbal and written ideas and concepts clearly and accurately. Listens objectively and acknowledges others’
- Work results : demonstrates diligent work habits and ability to work independently. Produces neat, thorough and accurate work of high quality.
- Professional standards : supports company policies and practices with both job behavior and performance. Brings difficulties and problems to the attention of supervisor in a timely manner.
- Business competence : combines functional skills, broad-based knowledge and technical expertise to maximize job performance.
- High School Diploma at minimum. Some college preferred.
- Moderate level of EXCEL capabilities
- Timberline experience a plus
- Ability to work required overtime.
- Hard worker
- Highly skilled in data entry; especially 10-key adding machine a MUST
- Entry level- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a corporate, accounting environment.